I've worked at QT for almost 3 months now and have seen a few things, but the other morning I had one of the most exciting so far. About 5:45 a.m. a man stumbled into the door during one of my morning rushes with a glazed over look and drool running down his chin. I knew immediately that this was going to get interesting.

I kept helping my customers who were waiting in line because I was the only one in the store at the time and knew if there was a serious problem I could call security or just wait for another one of our managers who would arrive in 10-15 minutes. I watched him walk up to our food module (which would be the counter near the food) and begin to empty all the contents of his pockets onto the module. He counted out some money, proceeded to come up to the counter and tell me he wanted 4.57 in gas for his Harley, but he handed me 5.60. I told him I would put it all out there for him and then he asked if I had a cup so he could get a drink because he was very thirsty. I gave him a small cup and forgot about him for a couple of minutes because of all of my customers. In fact the reason I remembered he was still in my store was when the police came in and asked me what the deal was with the guy who keeps drinking and drinking. I told them that the guy was wasted and they went to go talk to him.

The policemen then began to ask him questions and give him all these test right in the store, which caused all sorts of comments and questions from my customers. They finally decide to take him outside, and I knew full well he was going to be arrested for drunk driving, but there was an added bonus to make it even more exciting, one of the policemen came in and told me that the bike he was riding was a stolen bike. I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins knowing that I was part of a big crime bust and that I might even get a reward...okay no reward and I didn't really do anything, but it did make the day a little bit more enjoyable.

The End...til next time...

P.S. I just read this post and realized how horrible my writing is in this particular post, but I don't care.

| 5 comments

5 Responses to “

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    you were totally apart of heist! I hear that that being apart of a heist is one of the only things a guys really wants. That and a monkey. We women were false when we thought we knew what guys were always thinking about....they are actually thinking about monkies and hiests. That's what I hear.  

  2. # Blogger Jessica T

    You know what I am thinking, remember I told you what I really wanted to say in this comment but didn't because I thought it would be too innapropriate, because it was. Yea. You know.  

  3. # Blogger Unknown

    nice Dane Cook quote leslie.. hehe  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh YES!!! haha. I didn't know anyone would get that, but victory is mine. Nick introducted me to him and he is very very funny.  

  5. # Blogger Corey

    I used to work for Quiktrip. It was a very interesting place to work. Your story brings back some memories.  

Post a Comment